Who's missing from this picture? You are! The window for breakout session proposals for the Fourth Annual Technology Institute on Thursday, June 18 is now open! Please join us and share your great ideas and stories of innovative technology integration! The conference encompasses all ed tech - Google, Schoology, Chromebooks, Moodle, iPads, flipped classrooms, online learning, coding, and much more! Wednesday, June 17 pre-conference half and full day workshop registration is open, too. Register a group from your school today before sessions fill.
Thomas Murray, Digital Learning Director at Alliance for Excellent Education, author of “Leading Professional Learning: Tools to Connect and Empower Teachers,” and founder of #EdTechChat will keynote on June 18. Greg Kulowiec and Beth Holland from EdTechTeacher will lead AppSmashing and Elementary iPad workshops on June 17 and breakout sessions on June 18. Minnesota TIES staff will lead workshops and breakout sessions, too, plus all the other presenters and attendees will make this year’s conference a great event!
Wednesday Full Day Workshop Options (Limited Seats available):
- iPads in the Elementary Classroom: Beth Holland, Instructor & Communications Coordinator, EdTechTeacher, Chestnut Hill, MA
From recording reading fluency, to developing storytelling skills, to demonstrating problem solving, iPads can be used in myriad ways in the elementary classroom. This workshop will focus specifically on iPad innovation at the K-4 level. We will explore apps and strategies specific to young learners to empower them as creators of their own learning artifacts.
- App Smashing & App Fluency (Advanced): Greg Kulowiec, Presenter & Instructor, EdTechTeacher, Plymouth, MA
In this hands-on, intensive, workshop, participants will explore advanced topics in classroom iPad integration such as App Fluency, App Smashing, curation, and collaboration. Advanced workflow strategies will be covered as well as multi-app combination scenarios to create new multimedia content. Participants in this workshop will push the boundaries of what is possible with iPads.
Plus 18 More Wednesday Half Day Workshop Options (Limited Seats available):
In addition to the two days focused on technology, there are also thought-provoking speakers to accelerate professional development and growth in your district starting Monday, June 15. Each day of the institute will feature an important area of interest for educators as well as engaging experts who will offer keynotes, workshops, and other special opportunities:
Monday, June 15, 2015 – Interventions and Achievement Gap
- George Batsche (from the RTI Action Network)
- Yvette Jackson (author of Aim High, Achieve More and The Pedagogy of Confidence)
Tuesday, June 16, 2015 – Innovation in Education
- George Couros (Blog: The Principal of Change)
- Heather Staker (author of the new book Blended with Michael Horn)
- Eric Scheninger (author of the new book Digital Leadership)
- Patti Drapeau (author of the new book - Sparking Student Creativity)
- Athletic Directors Institute
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 – Assessment and Grading
- Doug Reeves (Director of Leadership and Learning Institute)
- Rick Stiggins (Director of the Assessment Training Institute – appearing via live feed)
- Nicole Vagle (national speaker on the topic of standards-based grading)
- Jeff Erickson (Minnetonka principal and author of scholarly articles on standards-based grading)
- Mark Barnes (author of the new book Assessment 3.0, and the recent book Role Reversal)
- Plus Preconference Technology Workshops
Thursday, June 18, 2015 – Technology
- Thomas Murray, Digital Learning Director at Alliance for Excellent Education
- Breakout Sessions
Don't miss this great opportunity to network with colleagues while learning from some of the nation's most prominent thought leaders. For more information and to register, visit the Institute for Leadership website. Discounted registration discounts are available now as well as for those who register for multiple dates! Register your team today!