The recording of the 20 minute EDTalk I gave last month in Minneapolis is now available. The talk was titled How to Raise Tech Healthy Kids. I spoke about creating habits that lead to digitally healthy individuals and shared simple tips to help both kids and adults balance the use of technology in our lives. In addition to the video above, there also is an audio recording of it if you'd prefer. After the EDTalk there was an audience Q & A session which you can view below.
Prior to my talk, Erin Walsh from the Spark & Stitch Institute gave a great presentation about Students, Social Media and Mental Health. That recording can be watched below.
Learn more about Achieve Minneapolis EDTalks.
- Top 10 Parenting Tips For a Tech Healthy Summer with Kids 2019
- Preventing Human Downgrading: A Race to the Top for Wellbeing
- One to Watch: Center for Humane Technology- Realign Technology with Humanity's Best Interest
- Your Phone is a Slot Machine Purposely Designed to Be Addictive
- Apple Screen Time a Huge Win for Everyone, Including Parents!
- "Like" Documentary About the Impact of Social Media
- Relay, a Great Screen-less Starter Phone for Kids
- Parenting in the Digital Age: Finding a Healthy Balance Part I
- Parenting in the Digital Age: Finding a Healthy Balance Part II
- If My Parents Only Knew: My NBC KARE 11 Interview About Kids, Tech & Parenting
- K-12 School Years: The Opportune Time to Learn Digital Balance
- The Digital Media Diet: Differing Types of Entertainment Screen Time
- Upper Elementary & Middle School Years: The Opportune Time to Learn Digital Balance
- What Story Are Your Kids Living Out in Fortnite? The Importance of Avoiding Violent Video Games
- Be Where Your Feet Are: #RealTime with Those Around You
- Best Age for a Kid to Get a Cellphone with Internet Access
- Five Ways to Raise Digitally Balanced JOMO (Joy of Missing Out) Kids in a FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) World
- Techcognition in an Attention Economy
- Over 1/2 of Parents Keep Digital Devices Out of Kids' Bedrooms Overnight
- Happy Sweet 16! Now You Can Snapchat. (34% of Parents Don't Allow It Until High School.)
- Can We Autocorrect Humanity? Get Busy Living
- Parenting with Purpose in the Digital Age... It's Complicated
- Parenting in the Digital Age Part 2: How Much Should Parents Snoop?
- Technology & Relationships- 15 minute interview
- Crazy Busy: You Are Letting the Screen Strangle Your Soul
- New Year's Resolution: 3 Ways to Cut Back on Digital Distractions
- My First Apple Watch: Solution to Distraction?
- District Digital Citizenship Committee: Tonka Schools Campaign to Raise Awareness of Cyber Safety at Home
- What's in a Name? Digital Health & Wellness vs. Digital Citizenship
- The Teenage Brain +Dementia of the Preoccupied
- Many more resources for Tech Healthy Kids